homepage Forums Altimetry Forum How to start RADS service in Release 4.1.0

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fernando martinho 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

SongShu

Hello,

Is there anybody who can tell me how to start the RADS service in the Release 4.1.0 please?

I followed the BRAT user manual step by step to install the RADS service. However, every time I tried to start the RADS service, there was an error prompt “Could not start RADS service”.

I tried it on several different computers. The problem is the same.

Could anybody give me a clue on how to use the RADS service please?

Many thanks!
    Song Shu

• #13173 Reply

widy putra
    Participant

Hi SongShu,

I got the same problem with you. I can not start the RADS service. Hopefully, BRAT team will give us a good solution.

Thank you
    Widy

• #13174 Reply

fernando martinho

Here are some hints and workarounds that maybe can help you.

To check if the RadsService is installed:

You can check the installed Windows Services by right-clicking in your computer icon and selecting Manage. In the window that is displayed, please open the node “Services and Applications”, at bottom left, and then click “Services”.

As a workaround to start the service:

If installed, the RADS service should appear in the table (with the name “RadsService”). In the RadsService row, the column StartupType should display “Automatic” and the column “Log On As” should display “.\<your-account-name>”, where <your-account-name> is the name you use to logon to Windows. If this is the case, please right-click in the service and select Start from the menu.

About the download location:

In the RADS page of the Options dialog, please check the “Destination Path” field. As an example, suppose that the field shows “C:\Users\<username or Public>\Documents\brat\user-data”. Then, the RADS service will write data to:

“C:\Users\<username or Public>\Documents\brat\user-data\rads” or
      “C:\Users\<username or Public>\My Documents\brat\user-data\rads” or
      “C:\Users\<username or Public>\Public Documents\brat\user-data\rads”.

<username or Public> can be “Public” or your username: sometimes users chose the “Public” sub-directory so that other users of the computer, besides the one that installed the service, can also access the data. Also note that, in some cases, Windows translates “Documents” as “My Documents” or “Public Documents”, and that the RadsService adds the sub-directory “rads” to the path you enter in the “Destination Path” field.

In the “rads” sub-directory you should find the “data” sub-directory, which is already the result of downloading and under which the data is written, in sub-directories which are named according to the missions acronyms.

The RadsService log file:

Also in the In the “rads” sub-directory, you should find the service log file, RadsServiceLog.txt. Please open it to see if you can spot any hint about what is happening and/or please send it to us. Do not use with Notepad, because it shows the text without line breaks; but, e.g. in Wordpad, it will display fine.

I hope this helps,
      fernando.

Reply To: How to start RADS service in Release 4.1.0
Your information:

12 ÷ 2 =