homepage Forums Altimetry Forum Solution for BRAT Configuration Error

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  brat 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Wajid

Dear, I have installed BRAT V. 3.3.0 on 32-bit Windows operating system for processing the altimeter data but unfortunately following errors appear as I start working in new work space:
    03:53:38: Directory ‘C:\Program Files\brat-3.3.0\a’ couldn’t be created (error 5: access is denied.)
    03:53:38: Directory ‘C:\Program Files\brat-3.3.0\a’ couldn’t be created (error 5: access is denied.)
    03:53:38: Failed to create a temporary file name (error 267: the directory name is invalid.)
    03:53:38: can’t open user configuration file.
    03:53:38: Failed to create a temporary file name (error 267: the directory name is invalid.)

Although I have installed relevant Python and latest Visual Studio for project accomplishment but still facing same error. Please redress my this error at your earliest.

Best regards

• #12573 Reply

brat
    Keymaster

Looking at the errors that you have reported it seems that you are trying to create a workspace in the directory “C:\Program Files\brat-3.3.0\a”. If you are not an administrator of your machine you will not be able to create directories in the Program Files directory.
    Please try to create a workspace in your user directory (e.g. My Documents), and let us know if you still get that error.

Kindest regards,
    BRAT team

• #12578 Reply

Reza Mahmoodi
    Participant

Dear, I have installed BRAT V. 3.3.0 on 32-bit Windows operating system for processing the altimeter data but unfortunately following errors appear as I want to use Multimission gridded products (MSLA-UV / MADT-H & UV ) and ADT along-track data in Near Real-Time and Delayed-Time (Global and Regional):
    Task ‘CreateOperations_4’: WARNING – Regarding to X / Y values 54.6666666666667 / 50, values contained in time dimension are not similar with read previous values.
    Task ‘CreateOperations_4’: Only the first values will be stored in the NetCdf output file.
    Task ‘CreateOperations_4’: Expressions below that depend on time dimension might be inconsistent:
    Task ‘CreateOperations_4’: sla, err
    Task ‘CreateOperations_4’: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Task ‘CreateOperations_4’: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Task ‘CreateOperations_4’: WARNING – Regarding to X / Y values 55 / 50, values contained in time dimension are not similar with read previous values.
    Task ‘CreateOperations_4’: Only the first values will be stored in the NetCdf output file.
    Task ‘CreateOperations_4’: Expressions below that depend on time dimension might be inconsistent:
    Task ‘CreateOperations_4’: sla, err

what shoud i do??!?!?!

• #12728 Reply

brat
    Keymaster

Dear Wajid,

Sorry for the late reply… somehow your question skipped our radar. Our sincere apologies.

It seems that you are using a product that is already gridded as input for BRAT, and it happens that the number of records for the latitude and longitude do not have the same length. According to the warning messages X dimension is 55 and Y dimension is 50. That is why BRAT is complaining of the operation you have created.

BRAT has been designed to work with along track data and process it to a gridded form. Along track data is a 1D array of time ordered data which has respective geographical coordinates for each along track point. So BRAT is not yet prepared to deal with data that is already gridded. In the future we may support that.

For now our suggestion is to use only the ADT along track data and remove the Multimission gridded products from the dataset.

Our kindest regards,
    BRAT Team

Reply To: Solution for BRAT Configuration Error
Your information:

+ 83 = 92