The Broadview Radar Altimetry Toolbox is a tool designed to use radar altimetry data. It is available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (Debian 7). The Broadview Radar Altimetry Tutorial and Toolbox is a joint project between ESA and CNES to develop an open source tool (LGPL-3) freely available to all the altimetry community.
The toolbox is able to:
• to read all altimetry data from official data centres, from ERS-1 and 2, Topex/Poseidon, Geosat Follow-on, Jason-1, Envisat, Jason-2, Cryosat and Sentinel-3, from Sensor Geophysical Data Record to gridded merged data
• to do some processing and computations
• to visualise the results
The current version of the Broadview Radar Altimetry Toolbox is v3.3.0, released in October 2015.
The following improvements have been added to BRAT :
• Support for reading Sentinel 3 L1B/L2 data and Cryosat Ocean and Baseline C data
• update to CODA version 2.13
• Update to NetCDF version 220.127.116.11
• Extensions of BRATHL code to process NetCDF 4 and HDF 5, including new NetCDF data types
• New Python API to the BRATHL library, with examples
• Port to 64 bit of BRAT and all its dependencies
• Improvement of the KMZ/KML export
• Addition of new formulas for Sentinel 3 and Cryosat 2 data